One of the most important parts of our daily life is sleep. Whether you want to wake up in grinchy mood or in a jolly spirit can come down to mattress firmness. Sleep gives you the energy to get back up and enjoy your next day. The key to success is getting enough sleep so you can make that drive to work in the morning or be refreshed after a long week of work. Mattress firmness is an important element that will dictate how enjoyable your sleep will be. Here’s how to choose the right mattress firmness for you!
Ways to Choose a Mattress
- Go to your local mattress store and try the mattresses. You never know if you really like a mattress until you try it out! This is much better than ordering online. Make sure you check the company return policy before making your purchase.
- Bring your own pillow to the store. Laying down on your own pillow gives you the closest experience to how you will sleep when you get home.
- When you do find your perfect mattress, make sure you get a warranty on the bed and read any company return policies on the mattress. A mattress may feel like a cloud at the store for a five-minute laydown. Unfortunately, sometimes the mattress can turn out to be a disappointment after a couple weeks. If you are still experiencing pain and discomfort, then you would most likely want to return or exchange the mattress.
Determine What Kind of Sleeper You Are
- Every person has a unique style of sleeping. Many styles of sleeping are usually through sleeping on your back, side, stomach, or even all of them throughout the night if you are a versatile sleeper.
- There are studies that show which mattress firmness is best for each style of sleeping.
Types of Mattresses that Fit Each Sleeping Style
- Side sleepers have been found to sleep better on a soft or medium firmness mattress.
- Stomach sleepers generally need a medium or slightly firm mattress.
- Back sleepers normally are a best fit for slightly soft, medium, or moderately firm mattresses.
It takes time for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Try to give your mattress around a month to see if it is the right fit.
If you follow these steps you’ll be able to enjoy your new mattress!
Shop All American Mattress
One of the simplest ways to turn sleep into a treasure and not a chore is to find a mattress that makes you seriously comfortable. This will not only get you excited about sleep, but it will make it easier to have a restful night. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with your local mattress and furniture experts at All American Mattress. Stop by or contact All American Mattress at 410-451-9006 today! We have all of the brand names you know and trust at affordable prices. With the area’s only commission-free sales staff, All American Mattress’ staff will help you pick out the right bed for your comfort and your budget.