Mattresses are a large financial investment and an essential part of our everyday lives, so when they become stained, it can be quite a headache. Most people will not want to buy a new mattress every time a stain develops, because finding the perfect mattress is hard work! Instead, what you can do when your mattress gets stained with urine, sweat, or blood, is to clean up the stain with common cleaners immediately. Cleaning mattress stains is easier than you think, especially if you follow these tips.
Removing Urine Mattress Stains
- In your spray bottle, make a 50/50 mixture of water and white vinegar
- Blot the excess liquid with a clean, dry rag. Try not to rub the stain, as it will push the liquid further into the mattress.
- Spray a fair amount of your 50/50 mixture on the stain. Sprinkle baking soda on top and let it sit for 8-plus hours.
- Once dry, vacuum the area and inspect for stains and smells. If there is still visible urine, repeat the process until you can remove as much of the mattress stain as possible.
Removing Sweat Mattress Stains
If you leave a sweat stain on your mattress, it will leave a yellowish tint on your mattress. Before that happens, here is what you can do to eliminate these mattress stains:
- In a spray bottle, mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide, liquid dish soap, and water.
- If the sweat stain is fresh, blot out excess moisture with a clean rag or paper towel.
- Spray the mixture on the stain and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Blot out excess moisture from the mixture
- Sprinkle a layer of baking soda on the stain and let it sit for about 24 hours
- Vacuum up the residual baking soda, and repeat the process if needed.
Removing Blood Mattress Stains
The most important thing to remember when cleaning blood out of a mattress is to use cold water. Then, follow these steps:
- In your spray bottle, mix 50/50 cold water and distilled white vinegar
- Blot any blood that’s still wet with a clean, dry rag
- Spray the stain with your mixture and leave for about 30 minutes to dry
- Continue to blot the stain with a clean towel and repeat if necessary
Sleep Well With A Mattress From All American Mattress
At All American Mattress, we have the expertise and great prices to help you choose the perfect pillows and foam mattress for your bedroom. We have mattresses and bed frames available made from a variety of materials to suit your needs, whatever they are. Stop by our showroom, visit us online, or give us a call at (410) 451-9006 to see how we can get your toddler sleeping through the night. We offer brand names at affordable prices, and we will always work hard to keep your whole family comfortable. For more mattress shopping tips, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.