One of the rising trends in the mattress industry is the adjustable base bed. These also go by the name of power bases, ergo bases, lifestyle bases, and more depending on the marketing. These beds have been around for a while but were previously used primarily for health issues. Today, as more people integrate technology into every aspect of their home, adjustable base beds are becoming more popular with younger mattress buyers. Read on to learn the benefits of an adjustable base bed, and what to look for when you select your own.
The Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
There are very few negatives to purchasing an adjustable base bed, besides the cost. Even if the adjustable base isn’t for you, the base can still work as a solid foundation. The primary benefits of adjustable base beds include the following:
- It’s easier to read a book, use a laptop, or watch TV in bed.
- For a back sleeper, it can become more comfortable to raise your feet and head up slightly while resting.
- The massage feature present in the higher-end models is very relaxing.
- If you have acid reflux problems, elevating your head can help alleviate discomfort.
- Elevating the legs is recommended for those who have various sports injuries, and can also help with circulation issues.
- For older people, raising the head up can make it easier to get in and out of bed.
An adjustable base bed is especially helpful for allowing you to sleep or relax in your bed by adjusting your mattress to your preferred shape.
The Best Features of Adjustable Base Beds
There can be quite a big range of prices in the adjustable base bed market, and the higher the price, the more features your bed will have. If you want to know what features are available before you start shopping, the most common features are listed below:
- The ability to raise the head or feet up
- Massage feature, with a range of control features
- Memory positions, to save your favorite adjustments.
- Wireless remote control
- Other advanced features may be available on specific high-end models.
On the low end, adjustable base beds can cost just a few hundred more than a regular box spring and frame, but with much more desirable features. If you believe you can benefit from an adjustable base bed, consider shopping for one today.
Sleep Well With A Mattress From All American Mattress
At All American Mattress, we have the expertise and great prices to help you choose the perfect pillows and foam mattress for your bedroom. We have mattresses and bed frames available made from a variety of materials to suit your needs, whatever they are. Stop by our showroom, visit us online, or give us a call at (410) 451-9006 to see how we can get your toddler sleeping through the night. We offer brand names at affordable prices, and we will always work hard to keep your whole family comfortable. For more mattress shopping tips, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.